The Privacy Data and Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) regulates the way in which Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc. handles personal and health information. Your privacy is important to Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc.
Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc is committed to protecting your personal information.
This policy provides information about how Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc may collect, hold and use your personal information.
When used in this policy, “we”, “our” and us refer to Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc Inc.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information to properly and efficiently carry out our functions, to provide you requested services and to facilitate your membership with us including marketing and promotion services that may be of interest to you.
The personal information collected and held about you will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and may include, but is not limited to, as follows:
• Your name, address, date of birth, gender, occupation, telephone/contact numbers or information.
• Information about your emergency contact person in case of an emergency.
Information regarding any medical conditions where they may affect your participation in physical activities
• Information about your dealings with Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc and use of our membership.
• Details of programs/activities/walks you have participated in.
• Background checks including police checks and working with children checks if you apply for employment and volunteer in our activities or programs.
• Other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions.
If you do not provide us with some or all the information that we request, then this may affect our ability to communicate with you or provide the requested services.
By not providing requested information, you may jeopardise your ability to participate in programs or activities or apply for employment or volunteer positions with us. If it is impracticable for us to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information
or consent, we may refuse to do so.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use anddisclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us.
Where it is necessary to prevent serious and imminent harm or to provide emergency care, we will collect health information and advise of the main consequences if the information is not provided.
These steps may include advice in person, in writing, over the phone or via documentation provided to you. If you do not wish for us to collect certain information about you, you need to advise us, and we
will discuss with you any consequences this may have.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
• Directly from you, for example when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form, risk waiver forms, when you purchase tickets to an event, submit information through or access our website; and
• We may also collect personal information regarding a child from the parent or other responsible person associated with that child.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, and secondary purposes related to the primary purpose. Such primary and secondary purposed may include, without limitation, use of your personal information to:
• Verify your identity;
• Complete background checks;
• Run, administer and market programs, activities and other events relating to bushwalking.
• To dispatch an ambulance in an emergency. This includes the use of your information to assist with any subsequent attendances so that you can be provided with the most appropriate service.
• Keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of events or programs) relating to bushwalking, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums.
In addition, we may use de-identified information to carry out research, to plan events and activities or to prepare submissions to government or a government body. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our insurers,
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers,
• with your express consent;
• when required or authorised by law;
• to an enforcement body or emergency service provider when reasonably necessary; or
• to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
We do not, sell or trade your personal information with third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are required by law.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
You have the right to access your personal information.
For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the
personal information, we hold about you, we will tell you why.
We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable cost in supplying you with access to this information.
INFORMATION STORAGE AND PROTECTION
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. When your information is provided to us, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you.
Security of your personal information is important to us. We have taken steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures we use include strict confidentiality requirements of our respective
employees, volunteers, service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our website.
OPT-OUT / UNSUBSCRIBE
You can easily unsubscribe from our communications including marketing material, email, SMS or posted offers at any time by cby following the instructions contained in an e-mail. It may take up to a week to effect
an opt out or an unsubscribe so you may still receive communications from us after your request is received.
COMPLAINTS AND CONTACTING US
If you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, have any questions in relation to this policy or a complaint, please contact:
Privacy Officer: Secretary Escaping Your Comfort Zone Inc
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0402 936 397
Address: 52 Epworth St, Ocean Grove, VIC, 3226
We take all privacy complaints seriously and will investigate your complaints in a confidential manner. You will be informed of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period of